Sunday, April 09, 2006

In Memorium

Lucille left us on Friday April 7th and will be greatly missed by all of the family. Her gentle demeanour and infectious purr will be always in our hearts. 16 years is a long time for a cat, and she had a good and happy life, and I am sure she is off to an even better place.

I found this little poem which says most of what we are feeling.
Rejean, Ninja and myself will all miss her terribly.
Four Feet in Heaven
Your favorite chair is vacant now,
No eager purrs to greet me,
No softly padded paws to run ecstatically to meet me.
No coaxing rubs, no plaintive cry
Will say it's time for feeding
I've put away your bowl
And all the things you won't be needing.
But I will miss you, little friend,
For I could never measure
The happiness you brought to me,
The comfort and the pleasure.
And since God put you here to share
In earthly joys and sorrow,
I'm sure there'll be a place for you
In heaven's bright tomorrow. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Christophe S said...

This poem is incredibly full of feeling. I made a approx. French translation. Thanks for this little wonder.